Customer Service 1st & 3rd Party Collections - Newark Delaware
Our client in Newark Delaware is seeking qualified candidates with 1st and 3rd party collections experience.
- Execute day-to-day collection strategies and actively contribute to center performance objectives.
- Support center and company initiatives and demonstrate an understanding of business needs.
- Ensure actions are in compliance with company policies and laws.
- Contribute to a cooperative environment, maintain an open mind and remain positive concerning change.
- Follow call flow model using standard demand on all contacts.
- Keep calls on task and ensure efficient use of call handle time.
- Negotiate to find the best outcome and utilize collection tools appropriately.
- Demonstrate effective questioning/listening skills when speaking with customers and third parties.
- Use probing questions and leverage information obtained to ensure productive collection/skip tracing efforts.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient skip tracing efforts.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency.
- Leave messages appropriately with proper speed, tone and consistency.
- Document conversations/collection activity and use holds/promises effectively.
- Adhere to the attendance and break policy.
- Maximize productive time, manage work queues and ensure multiple calls are made when appropriate.
- Collaborate with peers and share best practices.
- Basic knowledge of effective customer service techniques.
- Working knowledge of collection policies and procedures, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with customers and employees of all levels within the organization.
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions.
- Good verbal and written communication, customer service, time management, negotiation, typing, and data entry skills.
- Mathematical skills necessary to arrange payment plans and calculate past due amounts.
- Keyboarding skills and ability to multi-task when speaking with customers.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, Windows and the Internet.
- Skills necessary to operate various pieces of office equipment, such as but not limited to, fax machines, copy machines, and etc.
- Self-motivator while actively participating in a team environment.
- Ability to control conversation with customer.
- Ability to utilize open-ended questioning tactics to maximize information gathering.
- 100% attendance required during training period of 2 weeks.
Previous 1st and 3rd party collections needed.
- High school degree or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Call Center/Normal office environment, subject to stress in relation to number of accounts requiring attention per day and other established performance criteria.
- Must be able to work any schedule of hours including nights and weekends.
- Pay rate at $12.00 - $14.00 hr. with potential of commission.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!