We are looking for an Associate Systems Services and Support Analyst on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position will be located in Boston, MA.
The Systems Services Support Analyst will serve as a member of the premium service desk team that operates as the primary point of contact for our Equity, FIAM Equity & High Income business users needing a wide variety of technical assistance. Providing support for Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Sector Specialists, and Investment Operations personnel, the Service Desk associate must demonstrate competence and confidence at all times. The Service Desk is accountable for providing a single escalation point for all Investment Management professionals, triage of all incidents, facilitation of resolution, and communication with all investment professionals.
Skills and Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of applications employed by the business necessary in order to provide meaningful front line assistance, first contact resolution, and proper triage for hand-off to level 2 support.
- Business Workflows it is important for the associate to understand the basic workflows employed by the business and the software. Example: The process flow for submitting orders to trading.
- Triage Proper triage is critical for rapid incident resolution. It requires a deep understanding of the nature of a reported issue (it may be necessary to interview the user for details), impact to the business, process knowledge (described above) and organizational knowledge.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Assumed here is the business acumen to know when and how widely to communicate status updates (based upon the details of the incident and the business environment at the time).
- Very strong diagnostic, problem solving and problem management skills. Must be logical; effective at triage; able to diagnose root-cause; and escalate and follow-up as necessary.
- Candidate must possess organization and prioritization skills that can be applied in a demanding customer support role.
- History of success in a high pressure environment with competing priorities.
- Work effectively and collaborate with teams across the enterprise and customers in multiple locations, including US, UK and Asia.
- A highly motivated self-starter and team player, who operates successfully in an environment that is technically diverse and fast-paced.
- Manage, resolve, and track tier I/II support requests in the problem and incident management tool (HP Service Now) by determining root cause, identifying and applying corrective measures, or escalating issues to appropriate support group in a timely fashion as needed.
- Collaborate with business and technical teams on software fixes, and planning finding solutions that minimize business impact and drive rapid restoration of service.
- Follow crisis management procedures for high impact issues based on Business Unit protocol and act as incident manager as appropriate.
- Provide constant follow-up and communications for closure of daily incidents to impacted customer.
- Monitor the status and progress toward resolution of all open incidents.
- Demonstrate great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Recommend tools & processes to streamline and improve Service Desk processes.
- Create clear and concise end-user documentation, to facilitate the seamless introduction of new technology & applications.
- Disciplined incident classification and escalation.
- Member of a rotating on-call team responsible for after-hours incident management, escalation and resolution.
- Collaborate with the development teams regarding support readiness and deployment of new products and updates to existing products.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises.
- Provide operational reporting / trending of problems.
Experience and Education
- An undergraduate degree is desired, preferably in computer science or finance.
- Asset Management business and/or technology background a major plus.
- Understanding of the following: investments, portfolio, trading concepts; fund accounting, company and industry financial research concepts.
- Market data applications experience a plus, such as: Bloomberg, Factset, etc.
Technical and Application Experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (365) & Windows 7 & 10.
- Knowledge of Remote Access and products such as Citrix, Xen, VDI's.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
- Understanding of Portfolio Management, Research & Trading systems and processes.
- Knowledge Base systems expertise and Tableau visualization tool knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL for data comparisons and issue diagnoses.