CarePoint Health Management Associates
CarePoint Health is one of New Jersey s leading health care systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded hospitals Christ Hospital in Jersey City, Hoboken University Medical Center and Bayonne Medical Center. CarePoint united three area hospitals to provide 360-degree-coordinated care by integrating the medical facilities and physician networks associated with these institutions. With over 4,500 employees, CarePoint is the largest private employer in Hudson County, New Jersey and each year provides care to over 300,000 individuals.
CarePoint prides itself on its patient-focused approach to care delivery, with an emphasis on preventative medicine, health education, and disease management. Leveraging its vast network of physicians and healthcare experts, CarePoint is quickly becoming recognized as a leader in the broader healthcare landscape as it pioneers creative solutions to address urgent population health needs.
The Customer Service Specialist responds to telephone/email inquiry from patients and third parties. Ensures timely resolution of patient accounts through third party and/or patient follow-up and collections. Provides financial counseling on patient accounts in a courteous, efficient and professional manner. Maintains inter-relationships with patients/guarantors and their families, third party payers, and staff.
- Creates a positive impression through effective use of telephone skills such as answering the phone by the third ring, identification of self and department, listening attentively, personalizing the conversationand verifying patients information.
- Consult and educate patient regarding their accounts and provide resolution
- Shows proficiency in applying proper investigation/analysis techniques in determining account resolution by researching accounts completely.
- Projects understanding of hospital billing and collection policies, to readily explain to patients and/or third party administrators.
- To report with detailed weekly phone logs of interactions with callers.
- Documents all accounts thoroughly, to include persons contacted, expected payment amounts and date and anything else pertinent to the account. Uses REVIEW DATES to facilitate ongoing effective collection activity.
- Provides administrative support to the Patient Communications Manager.
- Counsels patients regarding payment of their accounts.
- Use excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, interacting with hospital personnel/Revenue Cycle Management and Administration and the Hudson County on a regular basis.
- Welcoming calls from anyone who would like to inquire about CarePoint Health s participation with insurances, Charity Care and self-pay options, billing policies, discuss a bill received, appeals, claim status, denials, insurance and/or Insurance reimbursements, Patient information requests, Insured/Self Pay rates, updating insurance and demographic information, etc
- Performs follow-up on patient accounts.
- Performs clerical tasks as required.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of Customer Service and Health Insurance experience; Three (3) years of hospital setting preferred.
- Eligible persons should be detailed oriented, able to perform and deliver under policies and procedures provided, efficient follow up skills and a friendly personality
- Microsoft Office application
- Customer Service
- Type 35-40 WPM
- In-network and out of network benefits with all Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid plans
- Problem Solving
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred