Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldReceptionist / Biometrics Technician, PART TIME
Hybrid position needed for the United States Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) Application Support Center (ASC) operations. As the Receptionist / Biometric Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the location in Hackensack, NJ . The Receptionist / Biometrics Technician is a PART TIME team member with the primary responsibility of meeting and greeting visitors to the ASC; checking the hands of applicants for open wounds or cuts, distributing the Applicant Information Worksheet (AIW), and checking applicant identification documents to include the initial applicant processing actions; and answering routine inquires for information or referring requests to the appropriate source within the office.
A secondary duty of Biometrics Technician would be needed in completing biometric registration (fingerprints and identity capture) as needed.
Part time employees can be scheduled 20 hours a week depending on authorized staffing and site needs. Additional hours may be needed to assist with higher applicant volume. The candidate for the part time position must be available to work M-F between the hours of 7:45 a.m. 4:15 p.m.
No experience needed as all required job training will be provided.
This position is available immediately; we are actively conducting interviews and encourage you to apply.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Greet applicants with the highest of customer service by smiling, being open and willing to assist and being sensitive to applicants who may not speak English
- Being creative in how you communicate with applicants who do not speak English or where English is not their primary language
- Reviewing the applicants appointment notices to ensure they are scheduled for that day
- Reviewing the applicants identification(s) to ensure they are the person identified on the application notice
- Refer applicants to the appropriate authority if there are issues with their paperwork and/or identification(s)
- Provide paperwork to applicants with instructions
- Provide applicants with a service number or other method depending on the site and explain the next steps in the process
- Assisted with crown control and instructions as needed
As a secondary job requirement, this position may be needed to capture biometrics (fingerprinting and identity) processing. At these times, the employee will be paid at a higher rate of pay while completing biometrics on applicants. Duties for Biometrics Technician include:
- Process applicants for biometrics capture.
- Review immigration and biometrics documentation.
- Perform biometrics processing to include capturing electronic fingerprints, photographs, and signatures.
- Proof and check work for accuracy and completeness and maintain a 98% efficiency rating for all processed forms.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all applicants.
- Track processing time for each applicant.
- Safeguard all documents.
- Perform additional administrative duties as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government issued suitability clearance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with the general public.
- Ability to stand upright on one s feet for scheduled shift duration, excluding meals and breaks.
- Ability to hold and grasp applicant s hands to obtain quality fingerprints.
- Ability to type and use basic computer programs.
- Successful completion of company administered training program.
- Ability to speak a foreign language.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.