The warehouse associate will be part of a quality control project, tasked with inspecting and reworking defective products. The Warehouse Associate will work in a highly active distribution and production environment performing duties including, sorting, inspecting and reworking products. Other assigned duties will include cleaning
and handling of recycle/waste, and use of boxes, packaging, sealing equipment and plastic. The Associate must have basic computer skills. The Associate will take and follow instruction from a Warehouse Manager, Lead or delegate. The Associate will be required to have attention to detail requiring both quality and speed in processing. The Associate will bring positive energy to the organization through professional communication, efficient effort, attention to detail and working in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Quality Inspection & Testing
- Able to determine if material is defective through visual inspection, pressure testing, and other
- Responsible for filling out project sheets; including: inspection and rework results.
- Able to use Warehouse Management Software in order to accurately track the movement of inventory and print product labels/bar-codes.
- Able to become easily familiar with warehouse locations/layout
- Ability to assemble/disassemble parts and part accessories.
- Ability to follow Boxing and Labeling standards.
- Responsible for keeping a clean and organized work station.
- Helps Builds a Strong Culture through Applying Servant Leadership Principles:
- Be authentic, be vulnerable, be accepting, be present, be useful
- Be committed to creating a work environment that people can do their best and find meaning
- Deals with negative issues immediately and head on
- Seeks a formal evaluation of their job skills from their direct supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Job Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform work processes on WMS system; including but not limited to, Quality inspecting inbound product, stocking product, moving product.
- Ability to utilize computers and standard Microsoft Office software such as Excel and Word.
- Ability to utilize the company ERP system and ancillary software supporting quality.
- Ability to perform root cause and corrective action in a team environment utilizing company, standard and customer Quality tools.
Work is performed in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment with substantial amount of interaction with employees, equipment, and customers. The warehouse area has continuous activity and a fair amount of noise which is normal.
Significant amount of time spent standing and walking. Requires manual dexterity, normal vision, speaking, and hearing abilities. Ability to lift and stretch to interact with product and boxes of product weighing up to fifty pounds. Ability to climb picking stairs/ladders is essential to the position. Attention to surroundings and safety is essential.