General Dynamics Information Technology
type of reqJob Description
Administrative Assistant for Training Programs - Port Hueneme, CA
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results. 3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections. 4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports. 5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors. 6. Participates in special projects as required.
Training Support staff members provide direct administrative support for the N7 (Training) department and shall support the Training Support Lead in the accomplishment of all assigned tasks in priority order. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparing and submitting monthly reports and invoices, entering data and formatting documents, performing final reviews and quality assurance inspections of all deliverables, providing media design/graphic and additional administrative assistance as needed. Tasks shall be completed efficiently and accurately in order to avoid rework. Excellent written communication skills are a requirement of employment.
High School diploma or equivalentQualifications
1-3 years of related administrative experience.
This is a alternate work schedule position, 9/80.
(80 hours in 9 days with every other Friday off.)
Training Support staff members shall be proficient in using the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio) to edit and format training course materials; write, organize, and track correspondence; schedule day-to-day meetings; and to complete various special projects and other assignments as tasked. Must be highly proficient in the grammatical rules of the English language and have working knowledge of the Naval Correspondence Manual.
These positions are full-time, on-site at CSFE Port Hueneme, CA.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in the grammatical rules of the English language and have working knowledge of the Naval Correspondence Manual.
- Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Acrobat; Content Planning Module (CPM) /Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) program; CeTARS.
- Familiarity with the NAVEDTRA 130 series of manuals.
- Three (3) years experience in computer operations for data processing and retrieving information from the Internet.
- Basic administrative skills to include opening and sorting mail, using copy machine(s) and proofreading of educational material.
- It is preferred, but not required, that candidates have a strong US Navy Personnel Specialist or Yeoman background
Candidates must reside within commutable distance to CSFE in Port Hueneme, CA.
Candidates must be a US citizen with a qualifying background investigation (NACLC or higher) within the last 10 years to meet eligibility requirements for an IT Level II Common Access Card (CAC).
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.