Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our North America division is seeking to add a talented Production Operator Assistant to its slitting line at our Clayton, NJ facility.
Pay and Benefits
Evening shift positions (6pm 6am) with starting salary rate $20.33/hr, top rate $23.71/hr, plus applicable shift premium. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k w/company match, and quarterly bonus program opportunity of 5% of gross wages.
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Prepares equipment by assisting Lead Operator in cleaning and setting up, loading coils and reading micrometers and other measuring devices.
- Transports coils by operating forklifts, C-hooks, and overhead hoist.
- Maintains accurate, legible and timely records by completing paperwork/computer log.
- Supports and participates in continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Completes Preventative Maintenance Requirements by inspecting equipment for potential problems and, if necessary, completing maintenance work order.
- Maintains product quality by assisting Lead Operator in watching coil for scratches, dirt, void, and by following organizational ISO9001:2015 standards.
- Provides support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Perform basic math calculations, including measurements
- Possess basic mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Perform lifting up to 50 lbs
- Handle/move drums up to 500 lbs.
- Must be able to work any hours, overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled/required
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and are most closely aligned with requirements of the position.