CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:8 Hour, AJ0186A5 Grand Forks Terminal
Job Summary:Under general supervision, is responsible for performing varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures. Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and resolves routine problems, referring non-routine issues to the Superintendent.
Key Job Elements:
- Prepares and distributes bills of lading
- Maintains shipping and receiving records for all modes of shipping
- Validates Motor Carriers Safety Permits and updates FMCSA log on a monthly basis.
- Monitors daily shipments and receipts in ERP system and prints records of inventory for filing. Reconciles physical inventory with ERP System and updates the monthly inventory report, if necessary.
- May acts as Site Coordinator and/or Power User during system implementation(s).
Purchasing and Accounting:
- Prepares invoices and check requests for approval by facility management and processing by Corporate Accounts Payable Department
- Purchases and maintains inventories of office, janitorial, and safety expenditures uses the Avantis system
Environmental, Health & Safety:
- Maintains EHS files for documentation purposes, advises supervision of any situations needing attention and maintains facility files
- Attends safety training and classes, maintains office and drivers area in a neat, organized and clean manner, and empty trashcans nightly
Performs varied clerical duties:
- Types, processes and distributes a variety of office documents
- Coordinates work with various CF departments, railroad personnel and others
- Prepares mailings and maintains the facility postage machine
- Greets visitors, maintains visitor s log, answers telephones and directs calls. Maintain filing system.
- Maintains MSDS books and files
- Performs other duties as assigned
Successful incumbents will have:
- High school education or equivalent required
- Minimum of two years clerical/general office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of computers, software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be flexible to work full-time during peak operational times during the year.
This position is responsible for administering the support functions, which enables the distribution of product in an effective and time-sensitive manner. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of the facility office.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the Canadian Human Rights Act .
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-###-#### or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ].