We have an exciting opportunity for a driven Customer Service Associate to join our team in Bakersfield, California.
Kaman Industrial Technologies, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of industrial products and solutions. We are proud to be a one source network for customers in various industries including food and beverage, power generation, and waste management. With over 150 locations across the United States and four million products and services, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that the ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive incoming materials and products. Verify received packages with freight records. Assemble orders and pack items for shipment in an accurate and timely manner. Convey orders to shipping area.
- 70%-80% driving to customer facilities. Must have valid driver's license. Will drive company vehicle.
- Assist in physical inventory by counting or recording material.
- Suggest alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery, expedite as needed and communicate variances to customer.
- Adhere to the phone system protocol.
- Maintain proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, KIS and other common office equipment and software.
- Demonstrate good keyboard skills.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team.
- A minimum of HS Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience. AS Degree in a Technical discipline preferred
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude required. Knowledge of the distribution industry and KIT products preferred.A valid driver s license may be required.
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KIT #KDG