Atkins Building Services and Products
This position is responsible for assigned cleaning tasks associated with a designated area in a designated time period while working in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empty trash cans, ash trays, and other waste receptacles into refuse collection bag(s); trash cans; replace can liners.
- Using proper cleaning solutions(s) and cleaning cloths or dusters, dust, damp wipe and/or spot clean all horizontal and vertical surfaces such as desks, table tops, chairs, filing cabinets, book shelves, telephone instruments, computer equipment, walls, light switches, partitions, doors and mirrors.
- Using vacuum cleaner and/or floor dusting/mopping equipment, vacuum and/or dust/mop all office area floors and base boards.
- Vacuum and/or dust/damp mop all hallway floors and base boards. Spot clean as needed.
- Clean restroom: Pre-spray disinfectants and bathroom cleaners; re-supply soap, tissue, towels and feminine hygiene dispensers; clean vents, dust walls, doors and partitions; remove trash; clean and wipe dry fixtures, mirrors, and dispensers; spot wash walls, doors, and partitions; sweep and/or wet mop floors.
- Make note of any mechanical and/or electrical malfunctions, i.e. door locks, dead plugs, switches and report to supervisor.
- Make sure all lights are out and appropriate doors are locked when leaving an area.
- Keep janitor closets clean, neat and orderly.
- Return all cleaning materials and supplies to storeroom, refill items as needed at end of shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by lead.
Part Time Position/Evenings
Atkins Inc. is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.