The Receptionist is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service and communicating effectively with management, customers and co-workers. Specifically, the Receptionist is expected to: Market and grow the business Provide exceptional customer service Control expenses Complete required tasks
As a receptionist, you will be held accountable for these key areas. Successful performance will be measured by meeting or exceeding established requirements.
Salons that are part of the Regis Family of brands use Opensalon, our proprietary, online traffic-driving platform.
Market and grow the business
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity requirements as established by the company;
- Promote and sell services and products, including recommending and selling additional services and/or retail products which will enhance and improve the customers image and/or contribute to the customers satisfaction with services performed;
- Clearly convey a complete understanding of pricing for available services;
- Coordinate Promotional Sales displays as directed by the company using ShopTalk;
- Responsible for sales to all walk-in retail customers.
Provide exceptional customer service
- Understand the needs of the customer, greet each customer professionally by name, escort all clients through the salon, give salon tour when necessary;
- Estimate wait times for scheduled and unscheduled appointments;
- Answer the telephone promptly and professionally;
- Handle general complaints and refer customer service issues to the manager;
Manage and control expenses
- Follow weekly salon schedules as directed by Salon Manager;
- Correctly charge for services rendered and products purchased, including proper discounting according to Company policy;
- Safeguard company assets by adhering to company policies and procedures.
Complete required administrative tasks/compliance
- Perform a variety of tasks related to assisting salon operations, including but not limited to: answering telephones, stocking shelves, sweeping hair and other duties as assigned by manager;
- Communicate effectively with management, customers and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner;
- Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions that affect salon safety;
- Attend work timely and consistently, including attending mandatory staff meetings, training sessions or as otherwise required by management;
- Adhere to all corporate policies, procedures and work rules;
- Handle all POS transactions including opening and closing the register.
- Ability to work in a dynamic salon environment.
- Good time management skills, good judgment, and the ability to multi-task.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to point-of-sale systems and data entry.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. to stock retail shelves. Occasional lifting 10-25 lbs. to assist unloading monthly shipment of products.
- Continuous standing throughout the day
- Continuous reaching, alternating between shoulder level and above shoulder level height to stock shelves.
- Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and client perfume.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products and maintain salon.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding services offered and requested and the customers needs and wants.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms and other documents.
- Occasional travel to mandatory meetings and training sessions, including overnight travel.