Currently Hiring Per Diem Weekend Personal Care Aides to join our growing team in Waterbury! We offer WEEKLY Pay and Flexible Schedules.
The Personal Care Aide (PCA) is a non-certified non-professional worker who can perform the basic life skills necessary to keep a household functioning. May also provide companionship, monitor safety, and run errands or transport the clients to appointments and shopping.
Almost Family, a LHC Group company, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Provides or assists clients with activities of daily living including: bathing in bed, tub or shower; care of hair including shampoo, combing and brushing; care of teeth and mouth including denture care; nail care, filing only; skin care including pericare and applying lotion; transfer of patient from bed to chair and to wheelchair. Transfer of patients on and off bedpan, commode and toilet. Assist client in preparing for bed. Position patient in bed as directed. Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker and crutches. Personal care dressing of client. Medication reminder.
- Live-in and Sleep Over's: Secures clients home for the night and provides reassurance by being present at the clients home during the night time hours. (Washington and Oregon does not provide this service) Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as applicable.
- Assists with household tasks directly essential to client's personal care.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments or shopping if necessary and performing other essential errands.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations of the aide
- Prepares meals as required based upon client's preferred diet. May need to feed client if required.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment such as side rails, oxygen, wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, etc.
- Ensures confidentiality of client records and information.
- Records and reports activities related to personal care responsibilities, as required.
- Responds promptly to client requests.
- Documents all client related activities in a timely manner.
- Reports observations of the client's condition to the Branch Manager or Office Assistant. Notifies the Branch Manager immediately if any incidents or accidents occur.
- Participates in performance improvement inservices.
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a seat belt when business travel is required.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
Formal Education: NoExperience: 6 monthsLicense, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle.Education Requirements
- Ability to read and write.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Six months of experience in a similar job of attending to someone needing this type of care.