Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
ENGAGE our guests from around the world and deliver brilliant service as a Marriott Host.
EXPLORE new places around the globe or at home with Marriott Travel Benefits.
DISCOVER your true potential through an exciting Hospitality Career!
Position Title:Public SpaceDepartment: HousekeepingReports to: Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping SupervisorStatus: Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of Position
Responsible for the cleanliness of entire lobby; all entrances, including glass doors, windows; Men's and Ladies Rooms; Front Office Reception; Lounge; Shops. Also, to perform other miscellaneous jobs as requested by senior housekeeping aide or housekeeping manager. Maintenance and cleanliness of all equipment used by him/her. Must be hospitable to our guests and other associates. Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check with management to determine if any special situations are present so that you can give them immediate attention.
- Respond to guest requests that come over the radio or via Guest Ware, complete written guest requests (green sheet) during am or mid-shift
- Use Public Space check list as main guideline for daily tasks and sign off accordingly ensure offices get cleaned according to check list (HR daily, Exec. Office twice a week)
- Check men's and ladies rooms, sweep up and remove trash, clean sinks, mirrors, toilets.
- Supply paper, soap and towels to all bathrooms (guest and employee).
- Proceed to lobby: Vacuum the carpeted area and dust all furniture, pictures and lamps.
- When dusting the lamps, check to make sure all bulbs are working and dust free. Light diffusers at Front Desk should be washed once a week.
- Table tops should always be clean and wiped own and dust legs of tables.
- Sofas and chairs are cleaned by brushing them with a clean brush used only for this purpose. Move cushions daily, since dust and other items can be found between and under them.
- Dust mop lobby marble floor.
- Clean convention center corridor walls, baseboards and floors.
- Clean all Guest elevators, dust down inside and vacuum carpets.
- Change front carpets when soiled or spotty. Clean ones are kept in housekeeping.
- Clean all main entrances; make sure glass and frames are clear and spotless.
- Vacuum floors, empty trash cans, tidy furniture. Make sure glass doors are clean and free of finger marks. Lobby has to be in spotless condition.
- Men's and Ladies Rooms have to be checked on an hourly basis to assure cleanliness; during lunch hour go and check more often.
- Responsible to clean daily all locker and toilet rooms, designated to associates. Do hourly checks to keep them tidy and supplied with toilet paper, soap and paper towels.
- During the daily cleaning, special attention will be given to the following items:
- Concrete floor and stairwells swept and mopped and stripped as needed.
- Service elevators: clean walls, dust all light diffusers, vinyl tile floors swept and mopped.
- Clean off spots or marks on all walls and ceilings.
- Dust air conditioning vents and exhaust.
- Garbage Rooms: dump all trash in the dumpster, clean all walls.
- Associates Locker Rooms: tidy up locker room, empty trash, restock items and wash all lavatories, toilets and urinals with disinfectant
- Empty trash cans in all areas as needed.
- Clean mirrors in all areas as needed.
- Accept and carry out any special assignments given to you by Senior Housekeeping, Housekeeping Manager or Supervisor.
- Attend all departmental staff meetings.
- Keep all of your equipment clean, well maintained and stored in designated utility room.
- Keep your work area clean and stocked with supplies for your work.
- PM shift refills and organizes chemical bottles for housekeepers
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
- Ability to visually check work, work area, and hotel space.
- Minimum lifting of 50 pounds.
Please do not contact the Hotel about application status.
Hiring Managers will only contact those who meet the job requirements.