Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Trucks has an immediate need for Mobile Service Technician at our Albany, OR location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employees hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Petersons strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting to Shop Service Supervisor or Service Manager, performs quality repairs and maintenance on all Heavy Truck and Diesel Engines as specified in manufacturer designed procedures or accepted industry practices, primarily in the field for customer and/or sales, rental fleet equipment, and field service.
The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign the functions to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Job functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies, and rules.
- Work in a matter consistent with Contamination Control Guidelines.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a manner that promotes a positive relationship.
- Perform a wide variety of repairs, maintenance, installations, replacements, preventative maintenance and diagnostic tasks for various makes and models of on-highway truck engines and chassis in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional and safe manner in accordance with all Company polices.
- Perform PMs and inspections.
- Make emergency road side repairs; at times after-hours; carry, monitor and answer company issued cellphone for after hour service calls.
- Pre-delivery setup and installation on all makes and models of on-highway truck engines, trucks, and related equipment.
- Work with-in established flat rate and warranty time guidelines.
- Write service reports that accurately document activities.
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner to enable other employees to do their job in a timely manner.
- Operate and maintain Field Service Truck in a professional, clean and safe matter.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Follow manufacturer and company service guidelines and procedures to ensure quality work and to preserve and document component failure information for accurate failure analysis.
- Work overtime as needed within labor law guidelines.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is an essential function of the job.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor/ manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift truck operator certificate.
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Obtain or have a Commercial Drivers License with the ability to maintain an updated medical card.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree in Diesel Technology or a closely related field; and two to three (2-3) years of diesel repair and maintenance experience in heavy trucks / fleet dealership or shop environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge on A/C system, brake system, emission systems, air systems and diagnostics / trouble shooting of diesel engines. Customer service skills a must. International manufacturer experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent proficiency using computers, good typing skills, Microsoft knowledge, windows based programs, etc. Ability to use diagnostic programs
Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers/ coworkers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write coherent and logical service reports that can be understood by internal and external customers.
Peterson Trucks Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.