Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Summary: The Ground Equipment DM collects operations and maintenance data, enters or imports data into a data review computer application, validates collected data, performs edit and quality control checks to achieve data accuracy, and approves and forwards reviewed data to the quality manager in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands the mission and purpose of the Sample Data Collection (SDC) program as explained in the Field Monitors Guide (FMG).
- Achieves data collection and review competency upon initial hire and recertifies annually.
- Develops and maintains excellent rapport with client unit personnel through periodic visits and meetings.
- Enrolls and dis-enrolls inventory as directed by program management.
- Monitors equipment usage and maintenance performed on client unit enrolled equipment.
- Collects enrolled equipment digital and non-digital operations and maintenance data.
- Manually enters or electronically imports validated data into the SDC data review application.
- Assesses and interprets collected data by performing research and conducting unit interviews.
- Processes validated data by performing edit and quality control checks in accordance with the FMG, applicable technical manuals, and other references.
- Approves data and transmits to management for quality assurance review.
- Maintains and files electronic records and forms as required by the FMG.
- Travels to client unit locations by motor vehicle or commercial transportation, as required.
- Performs administrative functions such as preparing and receiving email, obtaining and maintaining access to required Government websites and repositories, preparing and submitting basic reports and resource requests, completing corporate and Government training requirements, entering time and expenses into the timesheet application, and periodically cleaning office area and site vehicles.
- Must be able to legally and safely operate Perspecta leased or owned vehicles.
Foreign Location Deployments: The position is based in the United States, but may require temporary deployment overseas for up to 18 months. Therefore, the following requirements apply:
- Must be able to obtain a valid US passport and travel to a foreign country.
- Must comply with all U.S., host nation, and third country laws.
- Must comply with U.S. regulations, directives, instructions, policies, and procedures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position duties satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Army maintenance operations and operating procedures, and maintenance technical manuals and terminology.
- Knowledge of the Army chain of command.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data entry.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Ability to use basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, discounts, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Job-related Skills:
Ability to work well with others (co-workers, business clients, company employees, customers). Ability to report to work on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, vision, speech and hearing. The position requires walking, sitting, climbing steps, occasionally lifting items or equipment weighing up to 75 lbs., moving of equipment and furniture, entering and exiting Army equipment, and cleaning the office area and motor vehicles used to travel to client units. The operation of a motor vehicle and an excellent driving record is required. The position requires frequent use of a computer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The position requires daily trips to client unit locations which typically include motor pools, but may also include field locations when units are conducting training. Visits to field locations are required and may be under varying and extreme climatic conditions to include temperatures below freezing or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. The Ground DM will spend approximately 40% of their work time in an office environment and the balance in client unit locations. Occasional travel is required.
Potential Deployment Overseas. You understand that this position may require you to deploy overseas for up to eighteen (18) months to meet customer mission requirements, and you acknowledge that our offer to you is conditioned on your agreement to deploy overseas when directed to do so. Failure to meet this requirement may result in your immediate termination.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.