DISH Purchasing Corporation
DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
Were driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win and were looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Wireless Tower Crew Lead Foreman will be responsible for leading a crew in the buildout, maintenance, and repair of DISHs 5G network. Crew Leads will be a part of a work crew that will travel to cellular tower sites and perform work at both ground locations (working with electric components) and tower top locations (climbing up to 500 feet).
Whats in it for you?
- $21.00 - $27.50 / hour
- $2,500.00 Sign On Bonus
- DISH provides our Tower Teams with paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools and safety gear, and per diem while travelling
- Unparalleled promotional opportunities. Join the only team building the Nations first standalone 5G network.
- Comprehensive benefits package including complimentary DISH Network service, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, employee stock purchase program, and tuition reimbursement
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Maintain and repair equipment within DISHs 5G wireless network, including equipment upgrades as this exciting technology grows
- Collaborate with Network operations and Construction operation teams
- Install and maintain HughesNet Gen 5 satellite broadband equipment that serves as the backhaul for some of our tower sites
- Assist with build out of Multichannel Video and Data Distribution Service (MVDDS) technology deployed by DISH. This is the first mass deployment of this type of system in the US; the system uses 25 MHz sections of bandwidth in the 12.2 12.7 GHz frequency range to transmit signal terrestrially
- Complete work on towers at heights of up to 500 feet high, while maintaining a focus on safety at all times; the Crew Lead is specifically responsible for all safety processes being followed on site and for being situation commander when necessary
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis / Job Hazard Analysis at each job site
- File rating plans with tower companies
- Assist in hiring selection processes
- Up to 100% travel required
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Successful Tower Crew Leads have the following:
- Current industry certifications (and willingness to recertify and maintain) including OSHA 30, OSHA 10, RF Safety Certificate, CPR/First Aid, AED, Advanced Rescue, and OSHA Competent Climber
- 3-5 years of experience working on communication towers up to 500 feet high
- Ability to work at heights for prolonged lengths of time
- Strong safety focus while performing work at heights or on the ground
- Ability to respond in an on-call capacity to respond to network outages
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. regularly and up to 125 lbs. as needed
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screen (Drug, Background, Driving)
- Meets the maximum weight requirements of 250 lbs. and maximum 60-inch waist size in order to safely use Personal Protective Equipment such as the required harness