Intercontinental Century City at Beverly Hills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive payments and process transactions according to established policies and procedures; give correct change; balance cash drawer at close of shift; complete all opening/closing paperwork; document voids on void balance sheet.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May process take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practice up-selling techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Basic reading, writing and math skills and 6 months cash handling experience or food service experience. This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (plates, utensils, menus, etc.)
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Using a keyboard
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit, quantities, and variances.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.