Villages of Jackson Creek
Performs various duties associated with the production and service of patient meals.
- Must have a sincere interest in geriatric nutrition and enjoy working with geriatrics and other healthcare patients.
- Must have, or be wiling to learn, food preparation, and simple cooking skills.
- Must possess and use excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be in good mental and physical condition.
- Must possess leadership qualities and be able to supervise and secure the cooperation of the dietary partners.
- Must work cooperatively and productively with all partners in Dietary and in all departments following established policies of the center.
- Must be able to read and/or understand labels on chemicals and MSDS sheets and be able to use these products safely and correctly.
- Must be willing to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, must be at work on time and during scheduled shift
- May be required to have or obtain a Food Handlers Certificate or Sanitation Course, as required by state regulations.
- Must be able to work under supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Are determined by the center and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must demonstrate qualities of being a self-starter and be able to make independent decisions when necessary.
- Has a thorough understanding of all regulations (local, state, and federal) which affect dietary including, but not limited to, patient care, sanitation, labor, fire safety, and disaster and complied to these regulations.
- Assists in maintaining the dietary department in a safe, secure, and sanitary manner and reports any problems to the Dietary Manager.
- Uses good judgement in conserving supplied, preventing food waste, and conserving utilities Reports any food, supply, and equipment needs or concerns ti the Dietary Manager.
- Assists in receiving and storing food and supplied to prevent waste and assure quality products. Dates, labels, and stores items properly. Uses proper food handling techniques.
- Sets up trays for service, sorts diet cards and/or selective menus.
- Serves on tray line and checks trays for accuracy of diets, preferences, and quality before they are delivered and ensure that meals are serves as schedules. Conducts daily visitation with patients in the dining room(s) and/or in their room to ensure satisfaction with meal serves.
- Performs other tasks as necessary and appropriate.