We Are Hiring
Specialist-Teaching - Office Operations 001 - PRN,Day - Heritage Day - Fortin Villa - Kankakee,IL
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity toProvides instructional support and counseling with an emphasis on student academic success and retention.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the remedial/developmental programs and policies. Utilizes a variety of teaching methods which address diverse learning styles. Prepares reports regarding the remedial/developmental programs.
- Develops student learning/development outcome measures, collects appropriate data and completes assessment of results. Modifies programs based on outcomes. Assists in the monitoring of academic progress for at risk students.
- Conducts innovative programs to assure success of students, particularly high-risk students. Utilizes appropriate diagnostic tools to assist in evaluating student learning problems. Identifies potential academic problems of individual students.
- Plans and implements individualized developmental skills programs. Plans and coordinates remedial tutoring programs. Provides learning assistance and supplemental instruction. Assists with placement testing.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Teacher obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.