Goodwill Industries of SELA
To perform the general duties necessary for the efficient operation of the Company=s retail stores.
1. To operate cash register, receive payment for purchases and record sales and other transactions.
1. To sort and hang at least 125 garments an hour, with a minimum quality standard of 80%.
2. To check, sort and price electrical equipment and small wares and to prepare it for display on the sales floor.
3. To transfer merchandise from the back room to the sales floor.
4. To ensure a clean and empty workstation at the end of shift.
5. To rotate store merchandise as directed by store management.
1. To place garments, housewares, etc. on proper floor racks and shelves and to restock as necessary.
2. To remove empty hangers from racks on sales floor and return them to the proper place in the production area.
3. To assist in security by staying aware of customers= activities and reporting any suspicious activity or theft to the store management.
1. To dispose of trash and unusable merchandise into the outside dumpster and to break down cardboard boxes and place them into the recycling container.
2. To keep the store clean and hazard free by vacuuming, mopping and dusting, including cleaning the bathrooms.
3. To keep the aisles free from debris in the production and sales floor areas.
1. To greet donors and assist them in bringing donations into the store. To issue receipts.
2. To assist customers with general information.
1. To follow company policies and safety procedures.
2. To attend regularly, as scheduled.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
2. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
3. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, store personnel while motivating them to their best performance.
4. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
5. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including days, nights and weekends.
6. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 25 #=s frequently and 50 #=s occasionally.
7. Must be able to use repetitive hand movement when buttoning, sorting, hanging and zipping garments.
8. Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
9. Must have vision corrected to within normal limits.
10. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment. .
11. Must have knowledge of men=s, women=s, and children=s clothing as well as furniture and household items.
High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required. Prior work experience in service industry preferred but not required. Must successfully complete Level 1 training.
Considerable physical exertion, exposure to unfit donated goods and materials. Alternate work schedule may include working at an attended donation station with no prior notice.
1. To train employees and/or trainees.
2. Other work-related duties as assigned.