The Receiving Lead plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or customers, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Operates lift trucks, hand trucks, pallet jacks, and carts to receive products into the warehouse.
- Unpacks, examines, and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with vendors and the purchasing department to rectify damages and shortages.
- Receives and routes returned goods to the appropriate department.
- Establishes and trains staff on procedures related to receiving, transfers, inventory accuracy, and storage of incoming product.
- Ensures the effective use of labor and resources to meet daily receiving needs. Provides input to the Warehouse Manager on staffing related concerns.
- Recommends and assists the Warehouse Manager in implementing operating procedures and promotes continuous improvement within the department.
- Reports defective materials to Warehouse Manager
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Takes precautions to secure warehouse contents against loss.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous warehouse supervision experience
- . Forklift (Stand-up)and (sit down) operator certification (training provided on-site if needed).
- Customer service oriented. Well organized. Detail oriented.
- A self-starter with initiative and proven willingness to assume ownership for areas of responsibility.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly and independently.
- Strong inter-personal communication and employee relations skills and have ability to train others to these skills.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 70 pounds on a regular basis.
- Microsoft Office required.
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that warehouse objectives are accomplished