Consultative Search Group
Firm has an opening for a Records Assistant II. This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of both electronic and paper files kept by the Firm to support clients or for administrative purposes. This position will also be responsible for filing and indexing paper files and electronic documents in the Firm's records systems. Successful candidates will support attorneys and staff in locating and retrieving requested documents and files, as well as handle special projects involving the Firm's records responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately organize, index and file client and administrative documents in either paper or electronic format.
- Work with attorneys, assistants and paralegals to ensure accurate filing and retrieval of paper and electronic documents.
- File electronic documents in the Firm's electronic records system.
- Prepare files for storage in offsite facilities.
- Locate and retrieve paper and electronic documents and files at the request of attorneys or staff.
- Participate in space management for the storage of paper files.
- Participate in special projects involving the Firm's records responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of law firm experience and experience with automated records management software.
- Have proficiency using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and have a minimum typing speed of 35 WPM.
- Ability to utilize a bar code scanner and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be an energetic self-starter, who is detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent customer service/people skills, excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess ability to learn new technology and apply this knowledge to required functions.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- A high school diploma is required; some college experience is preferred.