Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 20,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Highbridge Overlook provides housing for chronically homeless single adults who are diagnosed with SPMI (seriously and persistently mentally ill) or MICA (mentally iII and chemically addicted) in the Highbridge section of The Bronx.
- Maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to maintain order and security of people and property;
- Detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules;
- Maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved;
- Protect employees, visitors and tenants;
- Provide directions to visitors when requested; etc.
- High school diploma or G.E.D and/or equivalent experience; must have and maintain NYS Security License.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.