The warehouse associate will be responsible for all packages and pallets coming into the warehouse. Ensuring that all the paperwork is filled out and received properly as well as sorting through the packages/ pallets and putting them in the correct locations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process merchandise returned back to the warehouse. Review and expect merchandise to be in good condition for restocking. Report any merchandise that is damaged.
- Ensure that all documents (Bill of Lading) are signed by customer and driver upon receipt.
- Return merchandise back to the appropriate warehouse location
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using a computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in the warehouse
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance to other warehouse workers.
- Team Player, Reliable, Responsible, Organized and Punctual
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized warehouse environment
- Prep materials for outgoing projects
- Ability to use dollies, forklifts and other moving equipment as necessary to transport shipments from various areas.
Qualifications and Skills
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift and move boxes weighing 40 lbs. or more
- Basic Computer Skills (Word, Excel)
- Able to take direction and follow instructions
- Works well independently or part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to multitask and prioritize work
- Previous warehouse experience
- Can operate industrial power equipment (Preferred)