Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world s only integrated mine-to-mill supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video Materion Is along with other videos of us showing you how we re Making a Difference our shared purpose of Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Material Processor in the Department is key in assisting with meeting the department s goals by performing machine set-up, maintaining quality standards, meeting daily production targets, and troubleshooting equipment when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning Machine Operator is responsible for coil handling which involves removing metal coils from skids, loading coals to the payoff, and measuring gauge and width with measuring devices
- Requires set up of the Cleaning Machine including interpreting process sheets and setting machine parameters
- Responsible for operating the machine while adhering to safety requirements, quality parameters and in-process checks
- Make mechanical adjustments as needed
- Performs data entry into the SAP software system
- Maintains a clean work area
- Operate lifting devices as trained by Materion Safety
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Have at least a High School diploma or GED
- At least 1-3+ years of previous manufacturing experience required
- Experience with performing multiple complex set ups preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints and/or instructions
- Ability to understand and perform basic math working with decimals
- Must have some mechanical interest and aptitude
- Interest in developing a craftsmanship career
- Technical training is preferred but not required
- Experience in a metals industrial setting preferred but not required
- Experience operating an industrial machine preferred