Adams and Associates
Gary Job Corps Center is seeking an energetic and driven Clerk to join our team and be responsible for providing clerical support for the department's supervisor. The Clerk will perform a variety of clerical duties that are related to the work of the supervisor, requiring knowledge of office routine and procedures. Will be required to take on special projects and provide technical support to other departments as needed.
We are interested in hiring staff that:
* have a strong record of meeting or exceeding goals,
* great public speaking skills,
* articulate and educate young people to achieve daily tasks,
* have a proven track record of problem solving and critical thinking,
* have excellent skills working with people of all backgrounds,
* are good with systems and processes,
* know how to set and enforce high standards,
* have experience in working fast pace environment
* have experience in counseling and group facilitation,
* can effectively multi-task,
* have good organization skills,
* have effective time management skills,
* are resourceful, and
* have a good sense of humor.
Adams and Associates is a 100% employee-owned company that is deeply committed to the Job Corps program and the students we serve. In partnership with the US Department of Labor, Adams and Associates provides free education and training that helps young people earn their high school diploma or GED, learn a career, and provides assistance in finding and keeping employment. Adams and Associates provides many opportunities for career advancement within the company.
If this sounds like the career opportunity you have been looking for, and you have the desire to help impact the lives of young people around the country, then apply now!
High School diploma or equivalent required with 1 to 3 years clerical experience. Degree or certification from an accredited or relevant certified training program or advanced degrees preferred. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications is required.