If you are a Special Inspector with construction experience, seeking an opportunity to be fully engaged in all facets of the construction profession, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing
Currently SCST, LLC. (An Atlas Company),has opening is our Central Valley and San Diego locations. Our Special Inspectors earns and maintains client satisfaction by ensuring construction jobs are up to specification. Our Inspectors ensure Reinforcing Steel, Concrete, Post-tensioned Concrete, Masonry, Structural Steel, High Strength Bolting and Spray-applied Fire Resistive Materials are all according to plan and specification. Therefore, successful candidates must also have a passion getting in the dirt and judging its behavior!
- Interacting with clients, stakeholders, and contractors during various phases of a project
- Inspecting multiple projects which include onsite oversight and inspection
- Preparing written reports
- Reviewing field dailies for conformance with project and company standards and respond to reports of nonconformance
What You Need for this Position
- ICC, AWS, ACI, NDT certifications required
- Have a passion and desire to provide our clients a high quality of professionalism.
- Strong independent work ethic and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient using Microsoft word and Excel, Adobe and Cloud-based applications
Physical Requirements for this Position
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves and hard hats.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Repeat the same movements over and over.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles for long periods.
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, twist or crawl.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Ability to adapt to very warm and very cool outdoor weather conditions.