12 Hr Rotating Shifts Nights. 3 days off every other week, 2 days on the long weeks. Very nice rotating shifts. $11.23 per hour plus $0.75 per hour extra when working night shift!
Responsible for removing, inspecting and packing quality product coming from the machines and acting as the first source of quality control.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned.
Responsible for performing Quality Control inspections of product for defects against the Q.C. Standard and properly document test results on QC013 form as required by WI-QC014-S at each work center at required intervals.
When/if defective product is found, set aside and notify his/her supervisor.
Removes parts from machines/stackers and packs properly in cartons.
Ability to pack/stack parts when machine is running at various cycle speeds.
Monitor, inspect and pack/stack multiple machines when assigned to machines with gravity and automated stackers.
Accurately monitors proper carton count.
Retrieves own cartons and readies for case taper.
Verifies that labels are correct and applied to cartons correctly.
Feeds carton into case taper so that it is properly sealed.
Properly stacks full cartons on pallet to specified heights.
Presses MDT button on a timely basis to indicate when a carton is full.
Alerts supervision/lead of downtime occurrence and presses correct MDT code when downtime occurs.
Operates MDT box to identify downtime occurrences.
Immediately stops machine using emergency stop button (estop) when a problem occurs and turns on machine light to signal a problem.
Repacks defective or damaged product.
Must be able to safely remove rewind from the GN machines and place them in the proper bins.
Assists in relieving for breaks as directed.
May be required to assist in new Packer training.
Follows procedures for daily and weekly machine cleaning and brings any potential machine issues to the attention of the immediate supervisor.
Maintains satisfactory attendance record.
Generally willing to work overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
1. While performing this job in a 12-hour shift, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
2. Frequent physical activities include lifting, reaching, bending and twisting, as well as gross manual dexterity tasks. During an inspection phase, occasional fine motor tasks are required.
3. Lifts 10 to 50 lbs. frequently. This combined with bending and twisting occurs frequently (every 3 1/2 minutes throughout the shift). This task occurs more frequently when assigned to the Lyle machine.
4. This job does not involve repetitive motion by design, but observation notes that some employees by habit perform tasks in such a manner that repetitive motion occurs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
3. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of static electrical shock.
4. Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to self or others. An accident, should it occur, may result in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns or bruises or of a partially incapacitating nature such as back strain, fracture or bruising.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING WITH INLINE PLASTICS, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK TO COMPLETE THE PRE-EMPLOYMENT ASSESSMENT:
To service our customers, we operate three manufacturing plants, one distribution center, and a Research, Development, and Engineering Center.
Our goal is to double our sales and we need your help. If you are a collaborative, high energy, high performing team player, we are interested in talking with you.