Sheehan Family Companies
Great opportunity to start your career in the craft beer industry!
Craft Beer Guild Dist. of NY is currently searching for a permanent Full-Time Merchandiser to support our growing business. This person will be responsible for calling on an assigned account base to merchandise our inventory throughout Albany. This individual will also develop the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to become a Sales Representative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that all product is rotated and code policy followed
- Ensure that all products are properly displayed according to Company standards
- Install and maintain permanent and paper Point of Sale (POS) material
- Ensure accurate shelf tag pricing and integrity
- Organize and execute floor displays at all accounts
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
- Ability to use a two wheel hand truck and pallet jack
- Critical physical demands include the following
- Handling cases of beer, ranging from 10 to 50 lbs. and possibly kegs, ranging from 87 to 165 lbs.
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck, cart and/or pallet jack on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid and clean driver's license with active auto insurance
- Ability and willingness to work independently
competitive pay, full medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, paid time off!
This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.