The Hosts role is to warmly greet, seat and assist guests in accordance with Matchbox quality standards and appropriately manage guest flow. The Host is a hospitality professional who is warm, genuine, and engaging, as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greets guests and facilitates seating guests per Matchbox timing and service standards, which include prolonged standing and walking throughout duration of shift.
- Understands and effectively communicates with guests both in person and over the phone ensuring clear expectations using prescribed verbiage.
- Cleans and maintains an organized, stocked work area which include, restrooms and outside perimeter of the restaurant.
- May assist in clearing and cleaning tables which could require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
- Completes side-work tasks as assigned.
- My take to-go orders, which requires writing orders and ringing orders into the point of sale system.
- Navigates reservation/guest management system quickly and efficiently
- Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance with local government standards.