West Coast : Technical Service representative for AgBiome Innovations (ABI).
This position will be responsible for AgBiome Innovation product training, product complaint management and providing the ground field intelligence for ABI's future success. As a Technical Service representative with ABI, you will assume responsibility for all technical elements (labels, product use direction, training materials, recommendations, and technical positioning) of ABI products. You will be responsible for supporting ABI's sales representatives and strategic account managers and a defined list of external customers ensuring that marketing, sales and technical positions are in alignment.
Sales and Marketing
- Communicate relevant technical data on ABI products to customers.
- Provide technical training on existing and new products to support sales initiatives.
- Update or write technical collateral for each assigned product annually or as needed to help maximize sales.
- Provide input on emerging technologies to enhance the product portfolio. Interact with Marketing, R&D and Registration teams on product development, product positioning, and product labeling initiatives to ensure the best use of ABI products.
- Provide technical innovation expertise to help differentiate ABI in the market.
- Build relationships with key customers to identify market gaps and opportunities and co-create solutions that are in-line with the company strategy guidelines. Interact with sales, marketing and functional teams tasked with marketing newly developed products, and, for developing new uses for established products.
- Work with Sales and Marketing colleagues to identify opportunities and technical gaps in the commercial product line.
- Develop and oversee customer complaint procedures for ABI products. Lead the resolution of product complaints when requested by the sales team.
- Identify key centers of influence (COI) and end users which include consultants, commodity groups, universities and growers in order to pull through ABI's line of products.
- Provide support for commercial product demonstration trial programs within the region, working closely with the ABI Sales team. Ensures appropriate permits are in place for pre-registration demonstration trials.
- Organize and participate in 'field days,' regional meetings and one-on-one consultations with key influencers.
Ongoing Product Support
- Act as liaison between the regional sales/marketing team and the regulatory department to identify key regional or national regulatory issues and needs.
- Work with the regulatory department to update product labels as prioritized by the business.
- Secure justifications and assist regulatory in securing product FIFRA section 18 and 24(c) state labels.
- Interact with the regulatory department and state regulators on issues which arise during the evaluation process of product labels and registrations.
Business Development and Planning
- Participate in industry initiatives, trade organization and grower groups to keep abreast of the changes in the marketplace that could present a competitive risk or competitive opportunity for ABI products
- Encourage "best-practice" sharing through the participation and promotion of meetings, newsletters, knowledge sharing tools and all other initiatives liaising on a world-wide basis
- Ensure that technical "know-how" within the technical service team is shared and constantly increasing
- Keep abreast of current trends, practices, developments, and regulatory changes, which would impact products or formulations
- Provide continuous feedback to improve the internal development process in order to optimize the product commercialization timeline.
- Support ideation efforts within the region to support the development of the ABI's pipeline
- Masters Degree required, PhD preferred in agricultural life science such as weed science, horticulture, agronomy, entomology, plant pathology
- Seven or more years of related agriculture industry experience
- Agronomic knowledge with specialty crops. Must possess strong ability to adapt and understand product needs in specialty markets
- Knowledge of the US market and in all segments (insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, nematicides), some commercial/business acumen
- Strong communication skills to effectively influence and collaborate across the organization.
- Aligned with our core values of creating simplicity, working with passion, getting things done
- A commitment to the big picture, collectively pursues unselfish goals with humility & invests in making all of us better
- Individual must be self-driven, produce results in a timely manner and stay within approved budget.
- Strong interaction skills with Sales and Marketing to ensure effective transfer of product knowledge as products move from development to commercialization.
- An authentic ability to connect broadly with people & motivate around a message
- Averse to mediocrity, reflects an openness to change, to new experiences & knowledge
- Travel approximately 30-35% of the time per year.
- Location - Western USA
- We live and breathe our values
- We get things done
- We empower our people
- We have passion in all we do
- We dare to be different
- We make it simple
AgBiome won Inc. Managzine's Best Places To Work Award in both 2018 and 2019.
Principals only please