Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking an experienced Shipping/Receiving Clerk for Discount Labels - its New Albany, Indiana facility.
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, up to 3 years of relevant work experience and the ability to work independently and productively by packing a minimum of 25 orders per hour. Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, 401k, ESPP, PTO and Company paid holidays.
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is in the position of being the last person to see the customer orders before shipment. The clerk is responsible for the quality, quantity, content and presentation of the material that is shipped to the customer. The clerk ensures the correct copyright, shipping methods, addresses and labeling are maintained according to standard operating procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as final in-plant link for finished product to customer.
- Ensures product is properly packaged and shipped per customer specifications to meet delivery dates.
- Packs product in cartons or other specified wrapping.
- Complete shipping paperwork such as bill of lading, shipping manifest and other required forms as well as online functions such as pre-alerts, shipping manifests.
- Answer questions related to the shipment of the product & research shipping problems.
- Have knowledge of the Endicia, Fed Ex and UPS method of shipping and the machines required for each.
- File paperwork as needed.
- The minimum educational requirement is a High School Diploma or equivalent, with strong math skills.
- Up to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work independently and productively by packing a minimum of 25 orders per hour.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret and create simple correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer operations knowledge.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime every other Saturday.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Environment is a printing and manufacturing environment with exposure to dust, ink, solvents, vapors and loud noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 70 lbs. repetitively throughout shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for 100% of shift on a concrete floor.
- Requires frequent bending, standing and walking throughout shift.
- Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to visually inspect product and packaging as well as labels.
Discount Labels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Discount Labels is the largest printer of custom labels in America and we re growing! Located in New Albany, Indiana, we are one of the largest employers in the area with over 500 label experts all focused on serving our customers with our hallmark quality, speed and value. Despite our size, we maintain a familial culture a place where everyone feels supported to keep us growing in the right direction.
We want you to succeed here! Aside from our family-like culture, we offer:
Comprehensive training for every position
Competitive pay and benefits (includes generous paid time off and shift differentials)
Large, comfortable break rooms
A wellness program that includes an annual health fair
Anniversary recognition for major milestones
A fun atmosphere where you can play Safety Bingo, earn promotional incentives, even watch management flip pancakes at the holidays!
Cenveo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, veteran status or national origin. This policy applies not only to hiring, but to all aspects of employment, including promotions, transfers, compensation and benefits.
Discount Labels is an independent operating company of the Cenveo corporation.