W. S. Badcock Corp.Offices
Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,300 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
***This position is based out of Pascagoula, MS***
Responsible to manage all aspects of the collections process for a specific territory. Contact customers with delinquent accounts, initiates appropriate action, and maintain accurate records. The Credit Manager will also be responsible for coaching assigned store staff on proper collection techniques and regulatory compliance. Maintain compliance with Federal laws and corporate policies.
- Manage and oversee the credit and collections function for the assigned territory to include review of delinquent accounts and initiate collection action by contacting each account holder according to due dates.
- Analyze and interpret information in order to meet or exceed account delinquency reduction standards through effective and compliant collection methods including phone calls and in-person visits
- Initiates repossession orders.
- Oversee and train store staff on proper credit and collection procedures.
- Perform customer credit file and collection procedure compliance audits.
- Represent the company in Small Claims Court as needed.
- Learns and complies with the company s loss prevention program by working in a safe manner; identifies, reports and resolves unsafe conditions.
- Responsibly operates and maintains vehicles consistent with company policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Complies with company policies, procedures and standards to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and other REQUIREMENTS:
- Clean, valid drivers license and the ability to travel and stay overnight when necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. or move 200 lbs. with a dolly or assistance of another person without sustaining personal injury or damaging the merchandise.
- High school diploma / GED
- Previous collection experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act (FDCPA) and state and federal laws concerning collection activities.
- Ability to train and explain laws and policies to store staff as well as customers.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and email applications such as Outlook. Ability to learn new and emerging computer and information systems.
- Excellent persuasion, negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. Ability to travel up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, and personnel; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Ability to plan and organize daily work activities.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of direct supervisor.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret collections reports and legal documents.
Works indoors and outdoors. Requires the ability to work in varying outside weather conditions. May be subjected to dust and other airborne particles. Moderate noise levels.