New York University Langone Tisch Hospital
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital Brooklyn .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Security Guard.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safety and security of patients, staff and visitors. Is alert and aware of all activities within designated area around post or on monitor. Carries out all instructions of the supervisor and/ or policies and directives issued in the hospital or by the director.
- Perform a variety of duties to include, but not limited to floor patrols or rounds within the hospital as well as medical offices.
- Provides routine information to visitors, vendors and employees and directs them to the proper destination.
- Respond to calls for morgue duty (i.e. transport deceased patient to the morgue and responsible for proper release of the body).
- Upon request, collect patient valuables and secure in the property room safe until called for.
- Routinely provide escort service to staff and visitors.
- Respond to alarm activation and investigate cause.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times by being properly uniformed and well groomed.
- Assist in conducting all fire drills within the hospital.
- Periodically provide one on one observation of psychiatric patients.
- Assist in patient restraint (i.e. Emergency Department, Psychiatric unit).
- Collect and properly document lost and found items.
- May be called upon to drive hospital vehicles in order to deliver / retrieve necessary equipment or pharmaceuticals; or drive personnel to specified locations.
- Keep a daily activity log of all activities and calls for service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- NYS Security Guard Registration.
- CPR required.
- 2+ yrs prior security experience preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn s EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal EEO is the law poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .