AtKinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery,joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As thenation s leading private provider in accredited early childhood education,we re committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educationalopportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
Wesee the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world.Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, andadventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you re in one of our centersor providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part ofthe KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting thelives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCareEducation has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever theyneed us\:
- We rein neighborhoods with our KinderCareLearning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children6 weeks to 12 years old
- We reat offices with KinderCare Education atWork, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer totheir employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers,Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- Andwe re at schools with our Championsbefore and after school programs
Wehave an exciting an opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician II.In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that our centers are asafe, inviting environment for children to grow, explore and learn.
Whenyou join our team as a Facilities Maintenance Technician II youwill\:
Undergeneral supervision, our skilled Facilities Maintenance Technicians provideoverall maintenance support for KinderCare Learning Centers and Championsbefore and after school programs, through a consistent level of service andcommunication to our center staff and the families we support. Through dailymanagement the nature of work involves a variety of facilities related tasks,such as; external/internal building repairs, preventative maintenance, andsafety and licensing concerns. KCE does supply a company vehicle and equipmentfor completing assigned tasks.
- Performs general repairsand improvements to building interior and exterior spaces and facilityoperating systems (e.g., Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning(HVAC); electrical; plumbing; other mechanical; and lighting) Generalcarpentry and repair of facility structures, as well as minor plumbingwork
- Performmonthly preventative maintenance visits for each assigned center
- Perform safety andsecurity inspections of playgrounds and property
- Monitorperformance of outside vendors (landscaping, snow removal, pest control)
- Assists withinspections of renovations and new construction, as well as assistingmanagement in identifying potential capital replacement projects
- Order materials,update and/or create work orders and provide status updates throughelectronic Facilities Management software and systems
- Other relatedduties as assigned
- Occasionaltravel/overnights stays may be required
In addition to a rewarding career where youhelp shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitivecompensation package, benefits include\:
- Medical, dentaland vision
- Substantial childcare discount at KinderCare Learning Centers and Champions before andafter school programs
- Generous paid timeoff
- Educationassistance and reimbursement
- Medical expensereimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellnessprograms
- 401(k) savings andinvestment plan with employer match
RequiredSkills & Experience\:
- High schooldiploma or GED required
- Maintenanceexperience in a multi-unit environment, preferred
- Basic knowledge ofplumbing, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, roofing, carpentry, and/orconstruction, preferred
- Ability toeffectively use iPhone, iPad, and laptop computer (as needed).
- Must be at least25 years of age to drive company vehicle
- Knowledge of materials,methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair,and construction of building structures and systems, including those usedin performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical,mechanical, and painting work.
- Knowledge of andability to use tools of office automation, including computers andapplicable software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets,and work order management software.
- Time managementskills
- Basic knowledge ofmechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipmentmalfunctions and a working knowledge of basic machinery preventivemaintenance and repair.
- Ability to read,understand, and apply facility maintenance manuals and technicalbulletins, construction drawings, plans and specifications.
- Ability to performwell under pressure.
- Ability to buildand maintain relationships with team and center staff.
- Strongprofessional communication skills.
- Self- motivatedand able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Qualified tooperate a company vehicle based on a motor vehicle record check andcompany policy.
Niceto Have;Trade/vocational training or certifications preferred (specific to; HVAC,electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, and/or construction).
KinderCare Education is an EqualOpportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status,gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, orfederal law.