Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris and keeping areas neat and tidy. Includes, but is not limited to vacuuming/buffing floors, shampooing carpets, emptying trash, cleaning restrooms, etc.
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilets, mirrors, tables, chairs in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
- Mix and use various cleaning agents
- Replenish supplies in assigned areas
- Sweep, mop, vacuum
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to the Coordinator
- Perform services at assigned locations by applying acceptable custodial standards, Labor and Industry and OSHA standards.
- Comply with all safety policies/procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products/supplies and incident reporting.
- Monitor building security and safety by locking doors and checking electrical appliance use to ensure hazards are not created.
Good oral and written communication skills; attention to detail; ability to deal professionally and in a friendly manner with customers at assigned locations; ability to work successfully in a team environment; ability to be a self-starter doing what needs to be done without specific instructions; ability to solve practical problems.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: None
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma/GED
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in a service environment.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver s license preferred. Reliable source of transportation required.