The Expertise We're Looking For
- High School or equivalent plus current pursuit of a Bachelor's degree (preferably in Accounting)
- Familiarity with computer spreadsheets (Excel is recommended)
In this position, you will assist Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company (FILI) Accounting Department with meeting its yearend regulatory filings and separate account statements obligations for fiscal year 2019. These are highly visible and critical projects.The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to pay attention to detail are required
- You are a self-starter with excellent interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
- You have excellent research and computer skills (Excel, Word, Internet, etc.)
- Reviewing and recording year end filings policies and procedures
- Assisting in the preparation of state annual filings (including input of financial information into TCP reporting package), respond to inquiries received by various state and regulatory agencies and maintain state correspondence database.
- Preparing and posting journal entries.
- Researching expense account fluctuations in account balances and determining if adjustments are required.
- Assisting in providing schedules and other analysis for external audits.
- Updates excel spreadsheets with changes related to these statements, including but not limited to, fund name changes, fund additions, fund deletions and format changes.
- Review statement changes made by Shareholder Publishing group to ensure accuracy.
- Use of financial software systems (SmartView/Oracle) to refresh reports and ensure data accuracy.
One of the many responsibilities of the Accounting Department at FILI is to provide financial results under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) guidelines to both internal and external customers. In order to align with our external customers (i.e. state insurance departments, rating agencies, auditors, etc.) regulatory requirements, Accounting files statutory financial packages annually in all 50 states for licensing and compliance. This role will assist Accounting in the preparing and submitting these financial packages.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.