GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Facility: South Bay Correctional & Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Works as a team member in the facility s kitchen and food service department and prepares and produces quality food and meals for inmates and staff. Provides information and advises the Food Service Manager or Food Service Supervisor in food service administrative matters. Monitors inmates who prepare food, clean-up, and sanitize the food service area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews daily paperwork, menus, and recipes. Completes opening shift procedures.
- Provides information to the Food Service Manager to be used in placing orders for food and supplies.
- Prepares food items according to the menu following the standardized recipes. Reviews the menu with the manager for any changes or substitutions.
- Ensures that the tray line set-up is accurate and the meal service starts on time and is completed within facility guidelines. Monitors trays and diet production for accuracy, quality, attractiveness, and proper serving temperatures.
- Trains inmates in correct food handling and job requirements.
- Maintains standards of safety and sanitation in work area.
- Practices safe working habits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year quantity food production experience in a commercial, military, or institutional setting is desirable.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and practices of area of assignment.
- Ability to understand moderately complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete daily reports associated with food production.
- Must be able to demonstrate the use and understanding of recipes, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production and/or service requirements.