Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: To serve food, drinks and to accommodate guests' needs in a courteous and timely manner following Applebee's ten basic Service Steps.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUITES:
- Delivers food and drinks to guests, using Applebee's team delivery system.
- Greets guests, answers questions, makes suggestions regarding food, drink and promotional sales.
- Interacts verbally with ALL guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
- Relays orders to service bar and kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system.
- Observes guest and responds to any additional requests or inquires.
- Serves alcohol in a responsible manner following all PLCB laws and Applebee's Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines.
- Presents guest checks to each table and approves form of payment. Makes correct change and / or completes any necessary charge card or gift card procedure.
- Participates in the clearing, cleaning and resetting of dining room tables as well as assists in overall dining room maintenance / cleaning throughout the shift.
- Assisting in opening, running and closing side work as well as any related food preparation.
- Takes part in any and all company related initiatives and activities such as gift card sales and promotions, charitable programs and related meetings, etc.
- Any and all other operational task as assigned by Management.
- Must be at least 18 years of age upon date of hire.
- Ability to wipe down tables including bases, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all area of the restaurant.
- Transports plates, glasses and trays to and from the dining room, service bar and kitchen a minimum of 30 times per shift.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility and full range of movement throughout the shift.
- Transports glass rack, plate ware, cases of food and beverage which weigh up to 30 pounds a minimum of 15 times per shift.
- Able to respond quickly in an emergency situation to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to stand and exert fast paced mobility for periods of up to 6 (six) hours in length.
- Must have good sense of balance, able to bend, kneel and react swiftly to actions surrounding them.
- Must have the ability to lift bus pans, trays, cases of food and beverage weighing as much as 30 pounds.