Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Greets arriving Guests, offers a heart-felt thank you for departing Guests and serves all guests in a friendly and efficient manner. Assists in maintaining overall Guest flow in the restaurant and dining room cleanliness.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUITES:
- Opens doors for all arriving and departing Guests.
- Accommodates any specific of special needs of Guests such as ADA seating, high chairs, boosters etc.
- Answers the phone and directs calls the proper person(s) in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Manages wait list, call ahead seating program and electronic notification system for all Guests.
- Provides Guest assistance to Service Staff including but not limited to running food, running drinks, pre-bussing tables, clearing dirty glasses, plate ware, silverware and trash from tables.
- Maintains a clean and organized work station.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Assist Service Staff and Managers in keeping the dining room clean and free of debris.
- Fills out the feature board.
- Verbalizes daily features and special promotions to Guests as they are being seated.
- Assist other Staff Members in keeping restrooms clean, organized and stocked.
- Interacts verbally with ALL Guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
- Takes part in any and all company related initiatives and activities such as gift card sales and promotions, charitable programs and related meetings, etc.
- Any and all other operational task as assigned by Management.
- Must be at least 16 years of age upon date of hire
- Reading, writing and verbal commination skills required.
- Mobility required through out the shift.
- Transports and carries objects and equipment such as highchairs that weigh up to 30 pounds a minimum of 10 times per day.
- Ability to stoop, bend and kneel so as to wipe down table tops, bases. Pick up debris from the floor, wipe down booths and chairs, wall and windows through out all areas of the restaurant.
- Able to respond quickly in an emergency situation to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to stand and exert themselves as well as demonstrate full mobility in a fast paced environment for periods of up to 6 (six) hours in length.
- Must have good sense of balance, able to bend, kneel and react swiftly to actions surrounding them.
- Must have the ability to lift bus pans, trays, cases of food and beverage weighing as much as 30 pounds.