Villagio Senior Living
Responsible for maintaining high quality standards of kitchen operation, including assisting with all food preparation and plating of food.
- Prepares meals from standardized recipes in accordance with the menu and ensures proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Assumes responsibility for total kitchen operations and handles all situations in the kitchen according to policy. Oversees proper food handling and utilization of all foods to prevent contamination, increase quality and reduce cost.
- Sets up food service line and workstations with needed condiments and ensures all required condiments and garnishes are prepared and served with appropriate foods.
- Assists in coordinating prep for the following day s menu.
- Assists in training new kitchen employees.
- Assists in creating menus.
- Assists in execution of special events and functions.
- May be required to supervise other staff positions in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Responds to the community issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean. Ensures that food supplies are rotated and all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and proper food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements and departmental procedures.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus one year certificate from college or a technical school preferred. Minimum of six months food preparation experience required.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain/hold any local, state and/or country required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Uses limited independent judgement to make decisions based on precedents and establishes guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally,
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.