For nearly 40 years, Alternatives, Inc. has been dedicated to providing the best in support services to adults with Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Illnesses. Services include Residential, Behavior Support, Employment, Support Coordination and Recreation. We have seen great growth in the past few years, which has stretched our coverage area to include Warren, Hunterdon, Morris, Union, Middlesex, Monmouth & Ocean counties. This expansion would not be possible without our dedicated staff members working on the front lines - the Direct Support Professionals.
Direct Support Professionals make it their mission to ensure the comfort and safety of each client. They spend day-in and day-out focused on helping their clients succeed. They see them at their best and at their worst. Their relationship is one of mutual respect and admiration. Direct Support Professionals become clients' second family or, in some cases, only family.
Role of a Direct Support Professional:
- Assist in activities of daily living skills
- Administer or assist with prescribed medication
- Provide transportation
- Assists in the implementation of individual plans for individuals and behavioral plan goals
- Assists individuals in the pursuit of recreational, social and community activities based on their preferences and individual plans
- Support people to achieve personal outcomes that characterize a high quality of life
Desired Qualities of a Direct Support Professional:
- Positive Communication Skills
- Reliability & Dedication
- Desire to make a difference
- Ethical and moral values
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks/drug screen
- Clear tuberculosis screening
- A valid driver's license, no more than 5 points or DUI in last 3 years
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Medication Administration and Positive Behavioral Support Training
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (preferred but not required)
So why should you apply...?Here are just SOME of the incentives for being part of our team!
- Paid training
- Sign On bonus
- Staff Appreciation events
- Health and Wellness fairs
- Lunch & Learns
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Mileage reimbursement
- For a full list of benefits, click here
We invite you to apply and become part of the Alternatives team and make a difference!
Change Lives, Build Futures!
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
NEW Jackson Group Home
3 shifts available :
1. Thursday - Monday, 3pm - 11pm
2.Tuesday - Saturday, 3pm - 11pm
3. Sunday - Wednesday, 3pm - 11pm
Thursday, 1pm - 9pm
Paid Training | Mileage Reimbursement | Sign-On Bonus
Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Time Off | 401K
$14.25 on weekends!
BA & Experience Preferred
Experience may be substituted for education
Computer skills a must !
Must possess valid NJ/NY/PA driver's license
**In order to be eligible for employment, applicant must not have more than 5 points on their driving record and no DUIs within the last 3 years.**
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Performing necessary tasks for individuals (i.e. administering medication, cooking meals, performing personal hygiene)
- Training clients in necessary areas for community living
- Evaluating skills and needs of clients
- Supervising clients in maintenance and upkeep of residence
- Assisting with scheduling and maintenance of appointments
- Providing necessary transportation using Agency vehicle
- Ensuring security and confidentiality of all records
- Assisting with implementation of Individual Behavior Plans
- Strong interpersonal skills required
Alternatives, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro