Bank of Labor
Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled & Vets
Hourly Rate: $17.66
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the successful candidate performs a variety of duties for the Trust Administration Department of the Bank, with a focus on conservatorships, traditional trusts and agency accounts. Assists Trust Officer in the execution of their duties under the legal documents or probate court orders, word processing/spreadsheets for ongoing tasks, posting transactions on trust accounting system, as well as, one-time projects. Serves as backup for other assistants. Assists Trust Department in meeting preparation. Greet & deal with trust customers on phone and in person. The employee s work influences the professional image of the Bank within the community it serves.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / EXPECTATIONS:
- Job Performance Behaviors: Contributing to organization success, job effectiveness, relationships and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain familiarity with all aspects of supported officer s accounts, including purpose, relationships, discretionary or other dispositive provisions for beneficiaries. Process incoming bills, disbursements, tax payments, monitor cash needs. Set up and monitor ticklers. Assist customers on phone and in person. Manage all routine contact with conservatorship attorneys and wards on assigned accounts with supervision. Record keeping and preparation of conservatorship court accountings.
- Set up new accounts, keep filing & scanned documents and computer information up to date & process closing accounts within policy and CAP guidelines and deadlines. Back up other assistants with quarterly officer investment report. Manage tax spreadsheet and mailing of tax returns and payments, and track registered mail receipts and annually review 1099s received for accuracy under supervision. Review obituaries daily and maintain watch list. Follow-up on outstanding trust department checks.
- Assist officer with real estate clean-outs, appraisals and estate sales as necessary. Review all real estate properties on trust books, verifying they are in compliance with taxes, insurance and inspections. Prepare, submit and track all life insurance claims. Process medical bills for insurance & medicare to pay and follow-up as needed.
- Perform Annual Administrative Account reviews and reconcile accounts monthly for Caps reports. Prepare reports for Trust and Investment meetings as assigned by Officers.
- Backs up other assistants on Union accounts, CD purchases, IRA s & Investment accounts and scanning procedures. Provides support to Trust Officer staff by handling special assignments as necessary and assisting with compilation of information for regulators.
- Other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by Division Head, Senior Trust Officer or Trust Officer to ensure a continuous workflow of daily operations.
- Back up for other Trust Administrative Assistants & scanning/file clerk
- Sending securities out for re-registration and follow-up and assisting with account and assets transfers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to interpret complex and detailed materials and/or perform detailed mathematical functions.
- Specialized training in basic principals or techniques in specific areas, such as personal computers or bookkeeping, which is typically acquired through additional education or training beyond the high school level. High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- PC knowledge-Windows/Word, EXCEL/PowerPoint, scanner. Also, to use Internet/Intranet/E-mail and ability to learn the SEI accounting system.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients and employees.
- Basic knowledge of conservatorships, trusts, estates, and asset management terminology and concepts through training.
- Able to be multi-focused, with close attention to detail in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good grammar, math and accounting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments completely, accurately, and timely
- Good thought process and problem-solving skills
- Previous Administrative Assistant experience preferred