The Palace Group
Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Coral Gables, Kendall & Homestead
Is looking for
Palace at Coral Gables
Luxury Independent Living for Active Adults
1 Andalusia Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33134
Best Independent Living Community in the US
by the National Associated of Home Builders, 2014
The #1 Priority of this position is
To assist cooks with the preparation of meals for our residents, employees, guests & for special events.
Properly clean and sanitize equipment, utensils & work surfaces in the kitchen area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up serving area appropriately with cold foods, condiments, serving containers, dishes, flatware, etc.
- Properly store & label food items.
- Meet meals schedules.
- Apportion food items based on diet order and residents food preference.
- Maintain sanitation standards & food handling based on County, State & Federal regulations.
- 2 years of experience in quantity cooking.
- Experience in an institutional kitchen with mechanical food service equipment.
- Culinary school student or graduate, preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Ability to follow supervisor s instructions.
- Ability to practice The Palace Principles ( Teamwork , Safety & Ask! Don t Assume! )
- Functional Math ability at high school level.
- Speak, read & write English. Spanish, preferred.
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite, responsible, always on time, resourceful, accurate & conscientious.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays & in emergencies
- Work in a safe and responsible manner, including taking precautions & safe work practices; obey the established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management & security; report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair & maintenance needs.
- Able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out oral or written instructions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Must enjoy teamwork.
- Follow up with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding complaints, problems & concerns.
- Use tactful communications in sensitive & emotional situations.
- Pay Type Hourly