Hook Fish and Chicken
The position of cook consists of performing various tasks in the kitchen; preparing food and ingredients, operating and cleaning kitchen equipment such as food warmers, grinders and mixers, working on plate preparation, and maintaining cleanness of the kitchen and service areas.
- Preparing appetizers, salads, desserts and baking cookies and muffins;
- Working floor for special events, carving meat, working pasta and omelette stations;
- Assisting lead cook;
- Disassembling, cleaning and reassembling kitchen equipment;
- Operating grinders, tenderizers, ranges, griddles, fryers, broilers and toasters;
- Identifying needs and requesting tool and equipment repairs;
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices;
- Monitoring product use throughout serving period to prevent over production or early depletion;
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment;
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others' actions, to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Attention to Detail Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.