Progressive Technology Solutions
Contract: 3 months
As the SEC Reporting and technical accounting lead/director, this individual will be responsible for managing Juniper s external financial reporting and technical accounting functions. This would include filing of Form 10-K and 10-Q filings, earnings release, as well as the quarterly internal financial reporting processes. The role also includes researching and documenting conclusions on complex technical accounting matters.
- Manage the quarterly external reporting and internal financial reporting processes in accordance with US GAAP and SEC Rules and Regulations. This includes the timely and accurate preparation of Form 10-Q and internal quarterly reporting packages.
- Participate in the preparation of other SEC filings such as Form 8-K, as required.
- Manage the preparation, review, and maintenance of supporting documentation and schedules including among other items, stock-based compensation expense, cash flow statement and earnings per share.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls for the financial reporting process.
- Partner with Investor Relations and FP&A to prepare earnings release, analyst presentations and other materials, as required, to ensure consistency with SEC filings.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and the FASB to determine disclosure requirements specific to Juniper.
- Research and document conclusions on complex technical accounting matters.
- Lead and complete the company s annual goodwill impairment analysis exercise.
- Help with the adoption and implementation of new accounting standards as necessary.
- Update policy documentation and provide training where required.
- Assist with complex revenue matters as the need arises.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred, but not required
- 10+ years of industry and/or public accounting experience with SEC reporting
- High-tech industry experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous project management experience preferred.
- Understanding of applications such as SAP, Hyperion, Wdesk, and Equity Edge a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adheres to tight deadlines.
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Organized, methodical approach to performing and reviewing work with attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of a global organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties including auditors. 3 - 6 years
Degree in finance or accounting
MBA and CPA a plus but not required