The Food Services Director will supervise and deliver a quality dietary program for residents, including regular meals, special diets, snacks and food service for special events. This includes maintenance of the kitchen, supervision of staff, and order-ing food and supplies.
- Supervise the dietary department and all food service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community and see that the department complies with established policies and procedures.
- Orient and instruct employees in the kitchen and dining room.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, purchase food and supplies for the kitchen ensuring that adequate preparations are made for every meal.
- Ensure that the dietary department is safe and sanitary and meets regulatory requirements.
- Report equipment and supplies that are needed to the Executive Director.
- Report faulty equipment and maintenance issues to Executive Director.
- Review the menus, recipes and groceries before preparing the meals.
- Follow PSLG standardized menus and recipes and special diet orders.
- Check the special diet board to ensure that all residents are correctly served.
- Serve food with attention to portion control.
- Ensure that the kitchen is cleaned daily and scheduled cleaning functions are performed.
- Ensure that all food service is presented in an attractive, gracious and timely manner.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.