This position is responsible bathing and brushing dogs in preparation for grooming.
Responsibilities Deliver world class customer satisfaction to customers and pets Book appointments and greet pets upon check-in Follow bathing/brushing procedures as outlined by Groomer Manager Clean ears and clip nails Adhere to customer instruction Talk to dog or use other techniques to keep dog calm Answer phone and schedule customer appointments Complete and maintain customer and company forms Fill out required grooming forms accurately Observe all safety rules and procedures and adhere to safety standards Sweep, vacuum, clean and sanitize cages, tubs, and other cleaning as needed to adhere to standards Assist in store operations as needed Qualifications
Experience: Minimum of 1-year experience grooming/styling pets. Must be comfortable working with dogs.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications: None
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
* Operate and use all grooming tools and equipment including bathing tubs, brushes, steel combs, barber shears, scissors, clippers, driers, and bathing products such as perfumed shampoo and soaps
* Communicate effectively with customers
* Display compassion with animals and treat them accordingly
* Exhibit attention to detail
* Read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation
* Lift and carry pets generally weighing 0-50 pounds
* Work varied hours, days, nights and weekends as business needs dictate
* Stand and walk for long periods of time
* Safely work around pets and pets waste