Lovelace Health System
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is changing lives for the better, together. Serving northeastern Oklahoma, the system includes:
9 hospitals: Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital South, Oklahoma Heart Institute, Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital, Bailey Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital Cushing, Hillcrest Hospital Claremore, Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta, Hillcrest Hospital Pryor
2 physician groups: Oklahoma Heart Institute and Utica Park Clinic
322 employed providers
1,235 licensed beds
Nearly 150,000 patients treated per year
More than 110,000 ER visits per year
$27 million in capital improvements in 2016
HHS is currently looking for a Transfer Coordinator to join our team! After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our One Call department is powered by our purpose of caring for people our employees, our patients and one another. With great teamwork and a knowledgeable, tenured staff, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team, please apply today!
Individuals within this job classification will work in a dedicated Centralized One Call Transfer Center. This employee will facilitate an efficient transfer and acceptance process of emergent, urgent and elective patients to all Hillcrest Healthcare System hospitals from rural, metro and private facilities and clinics with the aim of accessing specialty services in a manner that is timely and service orientated while working within the scope of EMTALA guidelines.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- He/she will utilize their critical thinking skills, clinical expertise and resources to gather pertinent medical information, apply approved admission criteria and guide appropriate placement of incoming patients based on patient or physician preference and the HHS facility that can provide the requested bed and needed specialty.
- Interface with regional and metro physicians as well as the House Supervisor and leadership personnel at the accepting facility is required.
- Team work with other call center staff and the ability to maintain accurate and timely documentation relating to all calls is vital to the position.
- Professional communication skills and customer service is a must.
- 2 year Associate Degree in Nursing
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum two years critical care experience
- Current Oklahoma RN License
- BLS and ACLS certifications
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Must have organizational, verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.