21c Museum Hotels
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor
General Purpose: Cleans and prepares public areas according to an established standard of cleaning to assure guest satisfaction and the overall appearance of the property.
- Walks all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift. Removes service trays and any trash and notes any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Removes soiled linen, terry and trash from the housekeeping carts and takes to appropriate locations. Recycles bottles, cans, and papers in appropriate receptacles.
- Maintains all carpets through extraction and spotting methods.
- Protects our furniture from wear & tear through preventative maintenance, including the rotation of mattresses and box springs.
- Deep cleans guest rooms: carpet, chairs, vacuuming behind furniture, metal vents and the tile floor in the bathroom area.
- Cleans all public areas, elevators, service areas, stairwells etc. while maintaining safety and security.
- Aids housekeepers as needed with removal of rollways and stripping of rooms.
- Reports any missing/found items, damages, and maintenance issues.
- Responds to guest requests and questions.
- Reports guest issues and complaints to Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Stocks linen closets with supplies (soap, shampoo etc.).
- Knowledge of carpet care, tile care, buffing machines, extractors a plus.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, as times needed vary based on occupancy.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and climb stairs numerous times daily.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to bend down and get on and off floor numerous times per day.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience a plus, but not required.